To protect the workers and to ensure that the owner is providing a healthy environment, the government has introduced the Factory Act, 1948. As per the Factory Act 1948, every factory owner must register their premises with the local authorities before commencing their business. Factory License acts as a document of approval given by authorities to carry out manufacturing activities. It is the duty of the Department to keep a check on the health, safety, and welfare of workers.
- Form No. 2 fully filled and duly signed
- Fees as per the fee structure provided
- Director or partner resolution nominating one of them to act as the occupier
- Health and safety policy for all factories which employ minimum 50 workers
- Attested copy of the stability certificate issued by a recognized authority